In this article, we will discuss how to make slime with one of the best ways to do it. First, let’s get to know about Slime. [Scroll down for the Instructions]
What is Slime?
Slime is defined as “an unpleasantly thick and slippery liquid substance”.
What is the use of slime?
You can use slime for many things some of which include :
- You can play with it.
- You can also break it up and join it back together, squish it.
- It could also be used as a stress reliever.
- You could also clean small spaces with it where you aren’t able to reach.
What is slime made of?
Slime is composed of a cross-linked polymer and it is considered a liquid.
How do you make slime?
Below are the materials needed and the steps to make slime :
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) clear school glue (you can use white glue, but your slime universe will be less dark and mysterious)
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) of borax
- 1-1/2 cups (360 ml) water
- Blue and red food coloring
- Wax paper
- 2 bowls and spoon
- Measuring cup
- Mix the glue with 1/2 cup of water in one bowl.
- Add food coloring to the mixture. NASA recommends 3 drops of red and 6 drops of blue. This will turn the mixture purple.
- Mix 1 cup (240 ml) of lukewarm water with the borax in the other bowl. Stir until the borax is COMPLETELY dissolved. This can take some time.
- Add the purple glue mixture into the borax water mixture. Stir slowly while you’re doing this.
- Stir as much as you can. Then, dip your hands in and knead.
- Remove the slime from the bowl and place it on top of the wax paper.
- Flatten the slime and add glitter to the top. Light-colored glitter will stand out more against the purple slime universe.
- Fold slime in half to trap the glitter and press it again. Keep folding and pressing until you’re satisfied with the appearance of your slime.
What to do with slime?
You can play with your Slime, squish it and do whatever you want! Also, you can use it to clean some really small places where you aren’t able to reach, like between your keys on the keyboard. It can be really helpful in cleaning those spaces.
Thanks for reading this article, I hope you enjoyed going through it. Do let me know about your thoughts in the comments section below and how your slime recipe went on to be!
Also, check out How to Boost your Instagram Followers for FREE, after all, you’re going to post that story on your newly made slime, aren’t you?!